These pancakes weren’t bad, they were just different. They tasted fine, but they were abnormally heavy for pancakes.
from The Best of Clean Eating
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I used white flour since that’s what I have)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Mix oats with milk; let stand 5 minutes
- Add egg & oil to oats, stir to combine. Add dry ingredients & mix until just blended
- Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture onto hot skillet, cook until golden brown. Flip & cook until other side is golden brown.
- Optional: add 1/4 cup fresh blueberries to batter before cooking
I usually cook pancakes at 200-250 on my electric griddle- I ended up cooking these at 350 so they didn’t just dry out. It’s supposed to make 6 servings of 2 pancakes each- I made “normal size” pancakes (4-5 inches across) & only got 4. Cody seemed OK with them, but I don’t think they were an instant favorite.