This is my new favorite pizza! Restaurant pizza tends to upset my stomach, depending on the day. Since I can control my own pizza, I haven’t had any problems yet 🙂 Cody really likes it too!
Sausage & Spinach Pizza
inspired by The Best of Clean Eating
- about 3/4 lb breakfast sausage- it’s probably not super clean, but it’s tasty. You can adjust the spice factor to fit your taste buds
- about 2 cups spinach leaves
- one 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained. I use “fire roasted” tomatoes for extra kick
- mozzarella cheese (use your best judgement here)
- pizza crust (I make the Jiffy kind from a box…probably not too clean either. Or make a GF crust!)
- Mix your crust & let rise, if applicable
- Brown the sausage.
- Cook spinach with a bit of olive oil (or the leftover sausage grease) over medium heat, until wilted.
- Roll out the crust & place on pan.
- Pre-bake the crust for about 3 minutes.
- Top with tomatoes, sausage, spinach & cheese.
- Bake at 450 for 10-15 minutes