These were actually really good! They’re just a little sweet and have good flavor. Sweet potatoes are a healthy alternative to regular potatoes, because they have less starch. The only bad thing about this recipe is that sweet potatoes are hard to cut up!
Smashed Sweet Potatoes
inspired by The Eat-Clean Diet for Family & Kids by Tosca Reno
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 large carrot, or a handful of baby carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 can low-sodium chicken broth
- Boil the sweet potatoes & carrots in water until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the cooking water.
- Add chicken broth & smash with a potato masher
PS… do NOT put all the peels down your garbage disposal at once 😉