We still have some deer steaks left over from last fall, but I’m not a huge fan… I like wild animal burger, but the steaks taste gamey to me. My solution? Hide that flavor! We made these fajitas last night out of deer steaks & I couldn’t even tell they weren’t beef! Another reason I chose this recipe was to use up some tortillas…. I bought like 10 packages awhile ago when they were on sale, so we’ve had a lot of tortillas sitting in the freezer for months. I have no idea how long they’ll keep, so I’m trying to use them up already….
Grilled Steak Fajitas
- Seasonings: garlic, chili powder, pepper… whatever you want
- Bell pepper(s)
- Fajita toppings: we used Greek yogurt & salsa
- Season the steaks; let sit for 10 minutes or so at room temperature, the grill them
- Saute the onion & pepper in olive oil while the steaks sit/cook… the recipe I based this on suggested cooking them on the grill in a cast iron skillet, but I just used the stove
- When the steaks are done, cut them into smaller chunks
- Serve steak & veggies on tortillas with whatever toppings you want
This was pretty easy to make, especially since Cody did the grilling! For 2 people, we used 1 bell pepper & 2/3 of a medium onion, with a little left over. The package of steaks was probably about 2 pounds, so we had a lot left over.