This recipe turned out surprisingly… delicious! It made the house smell wonderful, and then it tasted even better. I didn’t have high hopes after reading it, but I gave it a shot anyway. Cody really liked it too… the chicken is moist & flavorful… and (in my mind) pretty healthy too. And it was easy to make 🙂
Oven Baked Barbeque Chicken
adapted from alidaskitchen.com
Yields 4 servings
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 4 breasts)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- oil to saute the onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s… GF & delicious)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat the oil in a pan, then saute onions until soft
- Place chicken breasts in casserole dish
- In a small bowl, mix BBQ sauce, garlic, salt & pepper; pour over chicken in casserole dish
- Top with sauteed onions.
- Cover dish with lid or aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour.
Update: I just made this recipe again using still-frozen chicken breasts… and they were fully cooked in an hour! How easy is that?!