I made these for our subdued Christmas dinner, along with steaks. They were pretty tasty… I doubled the recipe so we had enough for dinner & lunch the next day for both of us. I didn’t have nearly enough bacon, or chives, but I think this recipe would be pretty amazing as written 🙂 The recipe below is the original (I used 4 potatoes).
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 2 medium potatoes
- Sea salt
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tb milk
- 1 tb butter
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 tsp chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Wash potatoes, poke holes in them, & rub with sea salt.
- Place on a baking sheet & bake for 1 hour (or until potatoes are tender).
- Remove from oven & slice in half length-wise. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin potato skin shell.
- Place the pulp in a medium bowl & mash.
- Mix the cream cheese, milk, butter, bacon, chives & 1/4 c cheddar in a bowl. Add the mashed potatoes & mix well. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place the potato skin shells back on the baking sheet. Scoop the potato filling into each shell & top with the remaining 1/4 c cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted (it actually only took about 15 minutes for me)