When I meal-planned for this week, I didn’t really take into account my limited supply of GF bread… which had mold on it yesterday. Now, I’m too cheap to buy more GF bread. And too lazy to make my own loaf on a weeknight. So I got… creative? And made myself a wrap! I wasn’t super hungry, but if I was hungry I probably would have made two.
This would be a quick & easy lunch at home, or even at work (if you packed everything separately to keep it from getting soggy & weird). And it even tasted good 🙂
Bacon Avocado Sandwich/Wrap
Adapted from My Fridge Food
- 4 slices of bread (or 4 large leaves of romaine lettuce)
- 1 avocado, peeled & sliced
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1/4 c fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c shredded cheese (I used cheddar- and not nearly that much)
- 2 tb thousand island dressing (I didn’t use that much either)
- Alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- Top bread or lettuce leaves with avocado slices, bacon, & mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then dribble dressing over top.
- Cover with another slice of bread, or wrap the lettuce over.