In my own best interest, I’m not going to make this cobbler again, unless we have company. It’s so tasty… I could eat the whole thing by myself! Cody liked it as well, and it was a good way to use up our Bountiful Basket blackberries (the last bunch went bad before I could figure out what to make with them- all the recipes I found required more blackberries than I had). I mixed it up a little, by adding blueberries to get to the full 2 cups of berries… and it was delicious!
Black ‘n’ Blue Cobbler
Slightly adapted from The Food Network
- 1/2 stick butter, melted, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour (I used GF Better Batter)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh/frozen blackberries and/or blueberries, in any combination you’d like
- Whipped cream and/or ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish with butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar with the flour and milk. Whisk in the melted butter.
- Rinse the blackberries and pat them dry. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the blackberries evenly over the top of the batter.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour.
- When 10 minutes of the cooking time remains, sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream.