Stuffed Winter Squash
Adapted from All Recipes
- 2-3 winter squash, halved & seeded (can be acorn, kabocha, or butternut squash)
- 1 tb olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place squash halves cut side down in baking pan(s). Fill pan(s) with about 1/2 inch water.
- Bake squash 40 minutes, or until tender.
- While squash bakes, heat oil in a skillet, over medium heat.
- Place onions & celery in the skillet; cook until tender.
- Stir in sausage & thyme; cook & stir until evenly brown.
- Remove squash from the oven, and carefully scrape the pulp from the rinds. Take care to leave a sturdy edge. Set rinds aside.
- Place the pulp in the bowl with the sausage mixture. Add the raisins and pecans.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop into the reserved rinds. Place stuffed squash in baking dishes.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.