I was a little skeptical when I saw the title of the blog post with this recipe… the best? Really?
The author wasn’t far from the truth… this stuff is damn good! Since there are only 2 of us, I cut back the recipe & kinda guessed at amounts… and it still turned out great 🙂 The recipe below is the original, with the larger amounts.
The Best Broccoli
From Amateur Gourmet
- 4-5 lb broccoli, cut into large florets, thoroughly dried
- 5 tb + 1 1/2 tb olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tb toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 2 tb julienned fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli, 5 tb olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic slices
- Spread out on cookie sheet; bake for 20-25 minutes (until crisp-tender & starting to brown)
- Remove from oven & return to bowl
- Zest lemon over bowl, then squeeze lemon juice over it. Pour 1 1/2 tb olive oil over bowl.
- Sprinkle Parmesan, basil, and pine nuts over bowl. Stir until broccoli is evenly coated.