I baked up some asparagus tonight, to go with our delicious grilled steaks. I coated the asparagus with olive oil, then sprinkled on salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. I found a recipe with those ingredients on All Recipes, but I didn’t follow the measurements given (which means I’m a real cook now, obviously). I did use the oven temp given (425)… which resulted in a little bit of smoke when the Parmesan bits that fell off started to burn.
And I actually liked the asparagus. No nauseating, mushy green smell… nice! I got a lot of feedback regarding asparagus (which I really appreciate!), and I have to admit you guys were right. Fresh, baked asparagus is soooo much better than the canned stuff! I’m glad I gave asparagus another chance 🙂
Adapted from All Recipes
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- 3 tb olive oil
- 1 1/2 tb grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Trim the asparagus spears; grab each spear at both ends and slowly bend- the woody ends will snap off.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the asparagus with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Stir to coat each piece.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet with edges. If necessary, scrape the Parmesan out of the bowl onto asparagus; try not to let Parmesan touch pan.
- Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.