This was one of my favorite desserts growing up. I remember fighting my sisters for the privilege of drinking the juice from the canned pears… and the disappointment when we had to share. Pear crunch is tasty on its own, fresh from the oven, or topped with vanilla ice cream that’s just starting to melt….mmmm….
I had originally planned to use my BB pears to make something more sophisticated, like baked pears, but I decided at the last minute to make comfort food instead 🙂 (plus, Cody drank most of the orange juice I bought for the baked pear sauce).
From Shellie McMaster
- 3 c drained, canned pears (I used 4 fresh pears, sliced)
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c flour (I used GF Better Batter)
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 c butter, melted
- Mix pear slices with brown sugar in an 8×8 inch pan (I used a 7×11 pan); set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, & cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Stir beaten egg into flour mixture; mix well.
- Spread flour mixture over pears. Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm.