After my mom gave me this recipe a couple of years ago, restaurant french fries taste… bland. Boring. Greasy.
These fries are… tasty. Crisp. Spicy. Flavorful. Much better! And better for you, since they’re baked. The measurements given are guesstimates- I just sprinkle the spices on, just like my mom told me to 🙂 If you don’t want spicy fries, cut down on the spices, or play with the spices you use.
Baked French Fries
From my mom 🙂
- 6-8 large potatoes
- 3 tb olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Wash the potatoes; cut into french fries (cut each potato into halves lengthwise, then in half lengthwise again, to make wide, thin slices. Cut each slice into 1/4 inch thick fries).
- In a large bowl, pour olive oil over fries. Sprinkle all spices on top.
- Spread fries, in a single layer, on a baking sheet (or two). Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You can spray the baking sheets with cooking spray first, but the oil on the fries is usually enough to keep them from sticking.