Today, we got a lot of peppers in our Basket… like over 30! Luckily for my sensitive stomach, they were mostly sweet peppers; but that meant I had no idea what to make with them.
I found a good looking recipe for shrimp linguini… but that involves pasta. So I upped the amount of sweet peppers (by a lot) & left out the pasta all together. And it tasted great! If you’re eating Paleo, this would probably be a good breakfast option too.
Shrimp & Sweet Pepper Saute
Adapted from All Recipes
- 1/8 to 1/4 c olive oil (adjust based on your tastes)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, de-veined & de-tailed (you know what I mean…)
- 15-20 small sweet peppers, sliced into 3/4 inch strips
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the shrimp in cool water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shrimp, sweet peppers, and onion. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Saute until onion & peppers are soft.