A couple of nights ago, when Cody worked late, I had no idea what to make for dinner. He was coming home in less than an hour & I had no real excuse for not cooking (working part of the time at home can be great for providing excuses)… so I (again) went searching for an easy, good-looking dinner.
This chicken made the whole house smell delicious. Cody loved the recipe (he likes spiciness) & it was so easy to make. It did take longer to cook than expected, but I used whole breasts instead of halves.
From All Recipes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used 2 whole breasts, thawed)
- 4 tsp taco seasoning mix (check the label for gluten, if needed)
- 1 c salsa (I used a pint jar -2 cups- of homemade salsa)
- 1 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tb sour cream (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish (you can use a smaller dish if you’re using 2 whole breasts).
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts. Pour salsa over all.
- Bake breast halves at 375 for 25-35 minutes, or until chicken is tender & juices run clear. Whole breasts will probably take longer- 45-55 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and bake an additional 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream if desired & serve.