Cody used to make really tasty cheese-stuffed, breaded, deep fat fried Anaheim peppers. Unfortunately, I can’t eat such things any more… so we tried to come up with a replacement recipe to use up some of the Anaheims we had sitting on the counter.
Depending on the heat of the peppers you get, these can be really tasty… or really painful. I ate 4 halves- one of them was really good, but the other 3 burned. And Cody’s lips were burning most of the night. So, eat these peppers at your own risk 😉
Cheesy Anaheim Peppers
A Cooking Sugar original
- Anaheim peppers (bigger peppers are easier to stuff)
- Shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- Cut each pepper in half lengthwise. Scrape out all of the seeds.
- Fell each hollowed out pepper with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted & peppers have softened a bit.