This is the only meatloaf recipe I’ve made… so it’s lucky I met Cody when I did, so that he could provide me with a good recipe. It’s easy to make & always turns out well. The salsa adds extra flavor, but not much spice. I adapted the recipe to make it gluten free.
Adapted from Mike Richardson
- 2 lb hamburger
- 1 pint jar salsa (about 2 cups)
- 1 egg
- 1 roll Ritz crackers (omit if gluten free)
- 1/4 c mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix hamburger, salsa, egg, and Ritz crackers (if using).
- Place mixture in a meatloaf pan (I use the Perfect Meatloaf pan– the slotted insert keeps the meatloaf from getting soggy) & bake at 325 for 90-120 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle mozzarella on top in the last few minutes of baking; allow to melt before removing from oven.