Although I’m not a fan of fish, I had a coupon for tilapia filets… and I couldn’t let it go to waste. So I bought a bag of filets… and had no idea what to do with them. Thanks to my google reader, I found this recipe- lucky!
The filets smelled fishy at first, but, once cooked, didn’t taste fishy at all. The lemon blends well with the tilapia- not overwhelming at all. Seriously, I actually liked this fish!
Slightly adapted from I Was Born To Cook
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1 egg
- 2 tb water
- 1 tb butter
- 3 tb olive oil
- 1/2 c flour (I used GF Better Batter)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tb dry white wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place flour on a plate & season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, beat egg & water.
- Heat oil & butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each filet in the flour, then in the egg. Coat with flour again & place in pan.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes (it’s extra tasty if you get a brown crust on the filets)
- Add lemon juice & wine; cook for 5-7 minutes more. Add salt & pepper to taste, if desired.