Since we’ve had lots of cucumbers in our baskets over the last few weeks, Cody’s been craving the cucumber & cream salad he had growing up. We couldn’t find the exact recipe in his family cookbook, but this one seemed close enough. I added extra salt & pepper to my portion (cucumbersare pretty boring), but Cody definitely liked the salad.
Creamy Cucumber Salad
Adapted from Cooks.com
- 2 cucumbers
- 1/2 a large onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 c vinegar
- 1 quart heavy cream or half & half
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the cucumbers & onion. Place in large bowl and add vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Toss lightly & refrigerate until ready to serve. If waiting more than an hour, stir periodically.
- Prior to serving, add cream. Stir & allow to sit for 10+ minutes, before stirring again & serving.