With so many veggies coming into our house each week, I spend lots of time looking for new ways to cook them. This cauliflower was pretty good, although the flavor was on the verge of being too strong. The original recipe recommends using the same recipe for broccoli or Brussels sprouts… I agree that either would work.
Mustard Lemon Cauliflower
Adapted from The Way The Cookie Crumbles
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into 1 inch florets
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tb butter
- 2 tb fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a cookie sheet; sprinkle with salt.
- Roast at 400 for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is slightly softened.
- While the cauliflower cooks, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the lemon juice & mustard.
- Remove cauliflower from oven & put in large bowl. Pour butter over & toss to evenly coat.
- Return to oven on cookie sheet & bake for 10 minutes longer, or until cauliflower is tender-crisp.