If you want a very, very good BBQ chicken recipe that’s also super easy… here it is! Cody actually put everything in the crockpot (including beer, so I couldn’t eat much because of the gluten… but at least he tried!).
Plus, a simple way to shred cooked meat: with your stand mixer! I’ve seen the idea floating around the internet, but this was the first time I tried it…and it worked wonderfully!
Shredded BBQ Crockpot Chicken
From Liz’s Lemon Bowl
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tb cumin
- 1 tb paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tb garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 12 oz light beer, or chicken stock to make it gluten free
- your favorite BBQ sauce
- Mix spices together to make a dry rub & coat the chicken evenly with the mixture. Place in a large glass dish or plastic bag and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, line the bottom of the crockpot with the onion slices; top with chicken.
- Pour beer/chicken stock on top & cook on low heat for 8 hours (or on high for 4 hours).
- Use 2 forks (or a stand mixer) to shred chicken. If you want, mix in BBQ sauce (enough to moisten it) & heat on stove until warm. Serve alone or atop a bun.