As long as you don’t add extra broccoli (like I did), this soup would probably be really good. Just use the 2 cups called for & you should be good 🙂
Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli Soup
slightly adapted from Prevention RD
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 head garlic (not clove)
- 1 tb olive oil
- 1 tb unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tb flour (I used GF Better Batter)
- 1/3 c white wine
- 1/3 c water
- 28 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 c half & half
- Combine cauliflower & broccoli. Coat with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic & wrap in foil.
- Place all on a cookie sheet; bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large stock pot. Add onion, celery, & carrot. Saute over medium head for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, and flour. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add wine & water, mixing into flour mixture. Slowly add chicken broth.
- Remove garlic cloves from skin & add to pot whole. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Add cauliflower & broccoli. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- In batches, add the soup to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth & return to pan.
- Stir in half & half. Cook until heated through