Since our green beans were on the verge of going bad, I did a quick, last minute search for something to go with our dinner. These beans were pretty easy and very good (and used up the damn tomatoes that have been sitting on the counter).
Green Beans with Tomatoes
From All Recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed & cut into 2 inch pieces (trust me, cutting them makes it a lot easier to eat)
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 tb sugar
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh basil, or 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 2 c cherry tomato halves
- Place beans & water in a large saucepan. Cover & bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low & simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain beans & set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, garlic salt, pepper & basil.
- Add tomato halves & cook, stirring, until just soft. Pour the tomato mixture over the green beans & toss gently to blend.