I’m still searching for the perfect sweet potato recipe. This recipe turned out pretty well, after I added butter… but leave the butter out if you’re eating Paleo. I couldn’t eat this every week, but on occasion it’s definitely worth keeping in the rotation.
Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Slightly adapted from Paleo Effect
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, skinned & diced into 1/2 inch cubes (skin them. the skins are gross)
- 2 tb olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tb butter, softened
- Toss the sweet potatoes with garlic, olive oil, sea salt, & pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet & bake at 400 for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are very soft. Shake once or twice to rotate.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, put them in a bowl with milk, lemon juice & butter. Mash all ingredients together until desired consistency is reached.
- Add additional salt & pepper to taste.