I hardly ever buy gluten free bread for myself, so I was excited when my sister in law bought me a loaf for our last visit. As soon as I got home, I made myself some french toast. And it was wonderful! This recipe has just a bit of extra flavor to push it over the edge of deliciousness.
Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast
A Cooking Sugar original
- 3 pieces of bread, or 4-5 pieces of gluten free bread (since the pieces are smaller)
- 1 egg
- 1 tb milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- cinnamon to taste
- Beat egg, milk, and vanilla in a shallow dish.
- Coat each piece of bread with the egg mixture on both sides.
- Place in a large skillet, with a bit of olive oil if needed to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle cinnamon to taste on top of each piece.
- Brown each side of the bread, flipping once.
Note: you can easily increase this recipe. Use 1 egg for 3 pieces of regular bread.