We always seem to have cube steaks on hand, but Cody doesn’t appreciate it when I broil them like regular steaks. So we have chicken fried steaks or finger steaks. I’ve added spices since I can’t have seasoned, gluteny, bread crumbs… and using flour & spices is cheaper than buying GF bread crumbs.
A Cooking Sugar original
- 1 1/2 lb cube steaks, cut into 1-2 inch strips
- 2-3 tb olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tb water
- 1 c flour (I used Better Batter)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Beat eggs & water together in a shallow dish. Combine flour & spices in another shallow dish.
- Heat 2 tb olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Coat each strip of meat with the egg mixture, then with the flour mixture. Place in skillet.
- Brown the strips of meat, adding more olive oil if necessary. I usually turn each piece twice, so each side is cooked twice. It gives a nice browned coating.