For Cody’s birthday party, I made this dip. And since I’m such a nice friend, it only had 5.5 layers…some people don’t like tomatoes… Buuut it was still delicious!!
A Cooking Sugar adaptation of an old favorite
- 1 1/2 lb hamburger
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 c salsa
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 c shredded cheddar
- Brown the hamburger in a large skillet. Add peppers & onion; saute until tender.
- Cool burger mixture, then spread out in a 9×13 cake pan.
- Spread refried beans over burger. Layer with salsa, tomatoes, and sour cream. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips. You can also add guacamole, sliced black olives, and/or diced chilies.