We got a bunch of rhubarb from my stepmom, plus the rhubarb we planted last year is finally producing… so we’ll have plenty of rhubarb to use up over the next couple of weeks.
The crisp was SO good! Good enough that I may have eaten it for breakfast also. And there’s not much left after 24 hours. It’s just sweet enough to offset the tartness of the rhubarb, but not too sweet.
From Taste of Home
- 1 c flour (I used GF Better Batter)
- 3/4 c oats
- 2 c packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 2 tb cornstarch
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 c sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- In a bowl, combine flour, oats, 1 c brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and butter.
- Pat about 1/2 the mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9 inch square pan.
- In a saucepan, mix cornstarch, 1 c brown sugar, and water. Cook & stir until boiling; it should thicken then. Remove from heat & add vanilla.
- Pour over rhubarb in a large bowl. Stir to coat.
- Spoon onto crust, top with remaining flour mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes