This recipe was supposed to be served over rice, but I spinach seemed like a healthier option. The taco mixture was really good- I ate one of these salads for lunch 4 days this week 🙂
Chicken Taco Salad
Slightly adapted from Budget Bytes
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts
- 16 oz (1 pint) salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 tb chili powder
- 1/2 tb cumin
- 1/2 tb garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 c water
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- baby spinach leaves
- Add everything, except the cheese & spinach, to the slow cooker. If your salsa is runnier, you don’t have add the water.
- Stir everything; make sure the chicken is covered. Secure the lid of the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir the mixture with forks, or a stand mixer, to shred the chicken.
- Serve the mixture over baby spinach leaves