I’ve been trying to use up our hamburger supply… without making a casserole. Taco pizza was my first (and, so far, only) idea. Well, I also thought of nachos… but we’ve eaten those about 5 times in the last month. I couldn’t find a recipe I loved, so I made up my own. The great thing about tacos (or taco pizzas) is that they’re totally customizable~ make it your own! Baking did seem to make the taco seasoning flavor more intense, so keep that in mind if you’re sensitive.
A Cooking Sugar original
- Your favorite pizza crust (the gluten free version I use is here)
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded & diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (check the label if you care about gluten)
- water as called for by the seasoning mix
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced black olives
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c sour cream
- In a large skillet, combine ground meat, onion, and bell pepper. Saute until meat is browned & veggies are soft.
- Add taco seasoning mix. Follow packet instructions.
- Prepare your pizza crust. Top with taco meat, tomatoes, olives, and chilies.
- Spread cheese on top. Bake according to pizza crust instructions.
- After baking, place dollops of sour cream on top & serve!