Cody came across this in the family recipe book, so we had to run out & buy some pork chops to make this. He remembers eating it growing up, so we were pretty excited to try it out for ourselves.
I had never had any version of chili verde, so this was a totally new experience for me. It was nice & flavorful; we ate it as a dip for tortilla chips. By the way, try out On the Boarder tortilla chips- so good!
Pork Chili Verde
From Pat & Rudy Hernandez, via Kathy Richardson
- 3-5 lb pork (chops, ribs, or roast will all work), cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder, or 2 mince cloves of garlic
- 1 (7 oz) can mild green chilies
- 4 cups mild/medium salsa
- water as needed, for consistency
- In a large skillet, cook the pork pieces & onion, until the pork is no longer pink
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan & bring to a boil
- Reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes.