I really had no reason for finding a new way to cook spaghetti squash… but using a crockpot just sounded SO cool to me. So I tried it out & it worked wonderfully.
If I plan far enough ahead, I will definitely cook spaghetti squash in the crockpot from now on… the plastic wrap in the microwave method seems kinda carcinogenic long term 😉
Crockpot Spaghetti Squash
from Food.com (the article lists many ways to cook squash)
- 1-2 small/medium spaghetti squash
- 2 c of water
- Make sure you squash will fit in your slow cooker
- Stab the squash multiple times (I used a skewer thing we have for the barbeque)
- Place squash in crockpot with 2 cups of water
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours
- Remove from crockpot & let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut in half & scrape out insides.