So, I’m back! With excuses, of course 🙂 I spent 4 days in Phoenix at a work conference, then went on a 3 day mini-vacation with the husband & dogs. The last week, I’ve just been trying to catch up, then my mom came to visit for Labor Day weekend. I haven’t been cooking a lot, or even thinking about cooking… but I have a real meal plan for this week, so I’ll making up for the slacking.
I liked the salad, but Cody reeeaaally liked it. We didn’t have olives, so I left them out. I’m not eating dairy, so I left the cheese off. Cody put hot sauce & ranch on his; I put a little Italian dressing on my. He also suggested shredding the chicken, or using ground beef seasoned with taco mix. Basically, you can customize this salad to suite your tastes.
Southwest Chicken Salad
Adapted from Six Sisters
- 1 lb chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 package taco seasoning
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 can of olives, chopped
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- Dice the chicken breasts, sprinkle with taco mix, and cook in a large skillet with just enough olive oil to prevent sticking to the pan.
- Throw everything together in a large bowl & mix well; serve with whatever dressing you want.