I was a little surprised at how well this omelette turn out- I guess I had set my expectations pretty low. It was fluffy, not mushy, and flavorful. The nutmeg was a nice touch- it added a hint of a “roasted” flavor. Even better, it would take about 5 minutes to prepare. Mine took longer, because I bough a ham steak, diced, and cooked it, rather than buying pre-diced ham (mostly because of the price difference).
Adapted from Against All Grain
- 10 eggs
- 1 c shredded Italian blend cheese
- 3/4 c almond milk (or cow’s milk if you’d like)
- 1 c diced ham
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- Grease a baking dish (I used a 7 x 11 pan)
- Whisk eggs with milk, then add cheese, ham, salt & nutmeg. Stir well
- Pour into prepared baking dish & bake for 35 minutes at 350. The omelette should be puffed up & set in the center.